Monday, October 13, 2008

My Second Animation!!!

The second animation that I decided to work on next was the Referential Animation. For this piece I decided to use my sound of Writing Markers. This sound was very scratchy and kind of reminded me of nails on a chalkboard, just not as squeaky. I thought of maybe sandpaper, scratching bricks, and other crazy ideas when I thought of maybe a broom. I had one of my roommates sweep our front porch, becasue it was brick, and use different strokes in her sweeping to describe the different stroke lenghts in the writing. It worked out just as I wanted it to. I had some shots of her from far away and then eventually getting closer when the film was ending. This animation was pretty successful. If I could have done something better it would have been to align the brushing sounds of the broom with the sound bit a little better. They a just a little off and that kinda bugs me, I hope it doesn't for anyone else.

No comments: