Wednesday, December 10, 2008

DETAILS

There were many things that I wanted to show visually while designing this website. At first I thought that it would stay extremely simple because it was extremely difficult to work with the css. After Lincoln walked me through the basics :
body {
background:url(Pattern2.jpg);
background-repeat:repeat;
}

.container {
vertical-align:middle;
border-color:#0099FF;
border-width:thick;
}

h1 {
font:Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight:300;
font-size:36px;
color:#000000;
background-color:#CC0066;
}
h2 {
font:Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight:100;
color:#FFFF00;
}
h3 {font:Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight:300;
font-size:24px;
color:#000000;
background-color:#CC0066;
}
a:link, a:visited {
color:#FFFF00;}
a:hover{color:#33FF00;}
p {color:#FFFFFF;}
I was able to chose colors that I wanted and styles that I wanted. I went to pgpatterns.com to create my background design so it was not boring. I think that by having a dark background it helps make the images stand out and that is why I chose the yellow, pink and green type colors. I added a texture to the background in order to give it a little more detailed and not so simple and boring.

I wanted my title to stand out....so I chose Cracked as my typeface and kept the same color scheme. The reason why I chose cracked is because I am critiquing websites and sometimes tearing them apart.....thus website critique is falling apart....Just go with it.

The next thing I thought of doing was changing my links so that the were lined up on a horizontal line. Lincoln helped me with that a lot and he showed me exactly what to do.

I also added a link at the bottom of Rachael Ray, Red Bull and The Movie sites that directly connected them to their sites.

Don't worry there is more.

No comments: